Monday, November 26, 2007

Egg on His Face

Luke and I are learning about birds. We talked today about eggs. They're not as fragile as they seem, but can stand a lot of pressure as long as it's spread out over the surface and not just concentrated in a small area.

To prove this, we tried to squeeze an egg and break it. Neither of us could break it. We called Taylor in and I asked him to try. He squeezed a few seconds, then the egg exploded and went everywhere--windows, counter, ceiling, Taylor's face . . .

I resisted the urge to take a picture of him--here's a boring one of egg dripping off the ceiling.


We did decide though, that the normal weight of the mama bird wouldn't harm the egg. Sorry Taylor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring? That's awesome!

Donna said...

LOL. I wish you could have seen his face. :)