
Mark said it wasn't quite this bad, but this is what it looked like to me.
Cobwebs Covering the Entire Living Room

So we picked the coldest day so far this fall to wash windows. There was a lot of overspray from when Mark painted the house this summer. He scraped the glass and painted the windowsills.
I washed the windows I could reach and he washed the rest.
Taylor knocked down the cobwebs around the ceiling, corners, and especially way up above the stairs where I can never seem to reach. He also broke my little Webster thingy.
I washed and washed and washed dishes. Six shelves worth. All the Fiesta on open shelves was really dusty--they were all beginning to look the same color. Sort of a taupe. It looks so nice now--see the shine?
Friday I cleaned the upstairs. Our house is just 3 feet (ok--30 feet) off a very well-traveled gravel road and surrounded by acres of farmland. That's lots of dirt . . . and these old storm window frames have holes in them big enough for a June bug to get in. Wish I was joking. :)

Spring cleaning is no big deal for me--it's fall cleaning that is tough--after the summer of open windows and flying dirt. Did I mention ladybugs and spiders?



2 comments:
sorry you had all that cleaning to do, but soooo happy to see you back on the blog. i didn't think you'd ever get back. it was great to see the pictures of the guys too. hope you have a great thanksgiving. keep more photos of the family coming. we NEED to see them!!!
Thanks, Marcy. My internet has been so slow that I haven't had the time or patience to try to do much on it.
I got caught up on your blog last night. We all had a good chuckle about Ike's early rising. . .
Post a Comment