Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why can't I be like them?

I love to read blogs. So many are entertaining, uplifting, encouraging, and informative. I want to be like them.

I love the thoughtful book reviews and recommendations I've found. Helpful hints, wonderful articles on learning styles, curriculum, insights from the Bible. I have good intentions. I really do. I'm trying.

Then I come across stuff like this and I just can't resist.

I'm sorry. I want to be sophisticated and charming and witty, I want to give thought-provoking and wise counsel. But I can't do it. I just can't.


From my latest read--


Immediately my blood began to boil. Fortunately I am not like Freni, who takes a long time to build up steam and then explodes, sometimes with dire consequences. I'm constantly exploding--little tiny puffs, which, like flatulence, are temporarily noxious but ultimately harmless.



---Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth
Tamar Myers