Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mouse Wars

A mouse is hiding out in my bedroom. Twice in the past few days I've seen a black blur out of the corner of my eye.

During the night I jumped up out of bed (not sure why) and when I threw back the blanket that little rat ran across it. He was on my bed!

Day before yesterday Mark set two traps baited with peanut butter. Yesterday morning there were two perfectly licked-clean traps. Same last night/this morning. Today he stuffed a little cheese in each trap. Make the little booger dig it out.


So far nothing.

Mouse-4
Mark-0


My sister and her family are coming tomorrow. Guess which bedroom they use when they stay? I'm thinking they would like the mouse gone by then.


UPDATE 6:50PM

Mouse-4
Mark-1

Ahh! The power of cheese!!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

i love that picture!!! mouse impossible! :) i would have been screaming my head off when the mouse was in my bed. i only get gecko's and mosquitos in my bed here. glad to hear the pesky varmint was apprehended. we spent an entire 8 hour train ride recently in a cabin with a mouse, but didn't know he was in there until the very end. i'm so glad. i would have been on top of the train the rest of the way. yikes!

Donna said...

I hate mice! Mark and the boys like to remind me of the times I've been scared by a mouse or what I thought was a mouse!

We very rarely have one in the house--only once in awhile one will come inside when it starts getting cold (like now). But I've been seeing some suspicious signs in the kitchen tonight . . .and I'm not happy.