Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

My three guys went to Mark's cousin's house today to celebrate Thanksgiving with lots of relatives. I had every intention of going also. But the closer today got, the behinder I realized I was. So I stayed home and got several jobs finished up. I only cried once, around noon. That may have been because of the onions I was chopping.

I really missed Marcy today. She was over at her blog telling stories about her adventures with obnoxious farm animals. I laughed when I remembered how she'd always tell me crazy things about her peacocks or geese or turkey or dogs. She just seemed far away to me today. Oh no wait, she is far away. . .

Mark the Brave disposed of his "kill" when he got home tonight. (see post below) Here's the note he found on the kitchen counter:

There's mouse poop all over the back porch
and poop in the pan drawer fresh tonight!!

He loves the little notes I leave him.

And my whole family loves the way I go psycho when there's been a mouse in the kitchen. I can leave no drawer, dish, or utensil unwashed after one of those nasty little critters has been in there.


We spent awhile talking about today's family whingding, etc. when Mark tells me "I'd better go check my traps." Here's a picture I grabbed of him on the way.

Sure enough, he'd trapped another mouse under the sink.


I don't know what's the deal with these mice. We usually don't even have one a year. But two in one day!?! I just hope little sis doesn't look at my blog until after she's spent the weekend and gone back home.

But my kitchen is very clean now!

Haha, that reminds me--back in summer '06 we were camping in Colorado. One night I was sleeping on the couch in Mom & Dad's motor home and Sanji's family were all on the floor. I kept hearing this mouse scratching really loud. I couldn't believe Sanji wasn't freaking out, with this mouse on the loose, but none of them seemed bothered by it in the least.

Next morning, in the bathroom we found a mouse caught by his leg in a trap. It had been flailing around trying to get out. Sanji said she thought it had been Mom's dog making all the racket.

No comments: