Thursday, November 1, 2007

Spartacus

We've been studying Ancient Rome. I read that Spartacus was a good movie, but parts were "inappropriate for children." OK, Mom and Dad to the rescue. I would just find out what the problem was. Need to edit out gore? Mark's job. Girls? I can do that.

Netflix has the movie and it was in my queue. Searching on the library's website, I saw that they had it. Even better. I can get it faster, keep it longer, and save my Netflix choice for something like Rawhide.

I thought we were getting this.


We got this.


Spartacus--the ballet??

How can you make a slave revolt into a ballet?

The other night we watched West Side Story, and I have to admit, it was hard enough watching teen gangs singing and dancing in New York City.

Now I'm asking my boys to watch Roman soldiers and gladiators dressed in tights and doing ballet? They have warned me that if I make them watch it I'll have a revolt of my own to deal with.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Love your new blogskin (isn't that a creepy word?)!

Yes, I can only imagine that your kids would revolt--which is better than wanting to imitate it!