Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The latest . . .

The guys all went to the big town today and left me home alone. Taylor spent the day with friends--they skated, put up Christmas lights, then there's Bible study tonight. After that they'll work on a song for the upcoming talent show. They'll officially be finished at 8:30, but Taylor's usually ready to leave about 9:30-10:00. Since they're an hour away, a late night will be had by all.

Luke wants to start bowhunting, so he and Mark spent time hanging out at Bass Pro Shop.

I'm at home baking bread and cinnamon rolls and making goodies--peanut clusters, truffles, Oreo truffles, and caramel popcorn.

I went to Tinytown to return a very overdue library book and take a loaf of bread to an older friend. He told me I make the best bread in the state. Sorry, Laura.

Kristine, maybe Trevor will like the new picture at the top of the blog better than the last one. Does he know who this is? lol.

11 comments:

Laura said...

Ha! I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you didn't make the best bread in the state!!! I still haven't gotten to the Amish store and honestly won't even try until after the Christmas party this weekend. :( I may try to run over there on Saturday if I am not totally wiped out. :) I'll let you know when I get your 7 grain.

Donna said...

Oh, please don't hurry on my account! I couldn't get it from you until after Christmas sometime anyway. :)

Have fun this weekend--I wish I could make it to your party!

Cynthia said...

How fun to see that you and Laura most be "real" friends!

Donna said...

We "met" on SHS first! Even though some of my family were certain Laura was a stalker and would kidnap me, we've gotten together a few times at a safe, public place. lol. I can't wait to see her farm though--it seems like a really neat place!

Kristine said...

I kind of thought that about Laura too, by the way she was copying every.single.thing I did. And then I realized that *I* was the one copying her.

Cynthia and I have met in real life. Really. Her hs group came on a field trip to Colorado Springs. I don't even GO on field trips with hs groups.

ANYway, I was originally posting because your comment about Trevor gave me my biggest laugh of the day. And I noticed your adorable new background as soon as your blog loaded, VERY cute! Trev's not very fond of Santa this year. We let the "truth" slip earlier this year. He was so upset, and he finally turned to me, in shock and disbelief, and yelled, "You're not Santa Claus, you're Santa FRAUDS!"

I knew we'd scar him for life.

Donna said...

Well, don't let him see my blog then, Kristine!! I don't want to further traumatize the poor fella.

Maybe Laura and I oughta take a field trip and go meet some bloggy friends. Hmmm....Laura??

Laura said...

Just look what happens when I leave blog reading for a couple days! My "stalker" status is revealed!! :) I still laugh at the fact that MY family had NO worries whatsoever about me meeting Donna! I am not sure WHAT that means! :)

Yes Donna, I wish you had been able to make it to the party. We had a nice time. Maybe you all can make it up next year. Jennifer even made it up for the evening! I was too tired today to go to the Amish store OR to post anything to the blog. Maybe tomorrow?

And yes, Kristine - it WAS pretty freaky there for awhile how we had that parallel lives thing going on! Still makes me chuckle.

I think that we definitely SHOULD do a bloggy field trip. Wouldn't that be fun?! Or, maybe we should all meet here next summer. I'd be happy to host!

Okay, I am now done with this really random, rambling comment! Time to go to bed! :)

lazy susie said...

Did someone have a party and not invite me??????????????

And, Laura, at least you were in the running for the best bread in MO; no one even thought of me.

And now that I think about it, Donna...was my house A Safe Public Place that you met with Laura? I've got a photo somewhere...

Donna said...

Susan, it's prolly because you do that gluten-free corn-free sugar-free taste-free kind.

Laura and I first got together at the teacher store. lol. I was pretty sure she was safe by the time we went to your house. :^]

Laura said...

Susan - notice she only thought I was *pretty* safe. :)

And Donna - I guess no one worried about me meeting up with you because I was bringing my crazy friends along to protect me. :)

Here are the links to prove it all!!!!

http://web.me.com/lmjmann/LifeAtWillisCreekRanch/Welcome_to_Willis_Creek_School/Entries/2008/3/15_Our_“Mom’s_Field_Trip”.html

and

http://web.me.com/lmjmann/LifeAtWillisCreekRanch/Welcome_to_Willis_Creek_School/Entries/2008/4/12_Tapestry_Tea.html

Laura said...

Donna - I finally got your 50 pound bag of 7 grain today! I knew you'd be excited! :) :)