Friday, December 26, 2008

Chocolate for Christmas

I don't buy Fiesta often. I don't have to. Mark realized several years back that dishes are always a welcome gift.

In fact, I've paid so little attention lately I didn't even realize there was a new color coming out this winter. So I was surprised to find these under the tree.

Fiesta - Chocolate

How can you go wrong with that?

8 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Ooooh, I need that color to go with my Fiesta!!! LOVE that new color, so pretty.

lazy susie said...

You are pretty smart to collect something useful. If I had thought of doing that, I wouldn't have received man pants for Christmas (which don't look good on me, by the way).

Donna said...

Yes, Lisa, you do! It would look great with your colors. But then I think they all go great together!

I'm not a collector, Susan. I'm a user. Sorta like you and that pot your hubby gave you for Christmas.

Laura said...

Beautiful, Donna! I love Fiesta Ware but don't have any of my own. I covet my Mom's, though. Is that bad??

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I have no fiesta but I LOVE it....and I've always thought it too expensive....I realize that I'm in need of new plates...and glasses...discovered it when all came home. ::snort:: We've been using our snowmen plate year round for two years. LOL

Maybe I can start to get fiesta - does it last well? I bought some similar colored stuff because I love the colors of fiesta - but they cracked and chipped quickly. Do you use your fiest for every day? I don't need more "storage" plates. LOL

Donna said...

When I first started buying Fiesta back in the '90s I got very nice seconds at Old Time Pottery cheap, cheap, cheap. They don't carry it anymore. Then Betty Crocker catalog had good prices--they quit that too. I find it now at Bergner's on sale or Dillards or sometimes JCPenney & eBay.

They're much more durable than ceramic-type dinnerware or stoneware. I've never had one chip, and the only time something has broken is when it has been dropped on a concrete floor.

We don't use them for everything, but we do use them a lot. Ours is hardly scratched and doesn't have utensil marks, but I've seen some that does. I tell the kids "When you're cutting with a knife and you get to the plate just stop cutting. And don't bang on it with your spoon." I don't know, I guess that helps. :)

The only downside I can think of for you, De'Etta, is that for a family of your size that many plates and bowls would take up a lot of space (some of the bowls don't nest) and weigh quite a bit. But if you have a nice sturdy shelf you can pile on a lot!

Cynthia said...

Pretty! And you couldn't get a better name than Chocolate!

momma24 said...

This makes me soooo jealous! I love, love, love dishes!!!

I didn't get any dishes for Christmas, but I did get Sharpies!!