Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fun in the Sun

I can think of a number of enjoyable ways to stay comfortable in 100 degree heat -- head to the library where the air conditioning is always working great; lounge in the pool; eat lots of ice cream . . .

But with 3 free Six Flags tickets that expire this Thursday, the boys and I decided it was now or never. We decided to brave the high temperatures and head out. I knew we would be in for a time of it when it was already scorching as we left early this morning.

Lee, the wise one, decided it was too hot and opted to stay home. The boys had invited friends, but they ended up not able to go. So it was just the three of us, and we had a great time.

Since most of the population had more sense than to be walking around an amusement park today, the lines weren't very long. I have a new all-time favorite ride

and a new "I hate this and will never ever go on it again!!" ride.

I didn't take any pictures; found all these on the internet. It was too hot to do anything but breathe, drink water and sweat.

We wimped out and spent quite a bit of time cooling off at the pools and shade at the water park.

No comments: