Glad you're home! Hope you had a great time in Uganda. It's been a long 2 weeks!! We miss you and will see you soon. There are a few things I think you should know:
I was heating up sugar and water for the hummingbirds when Jim stopped by. We had a nice talk about kids going off to college, why someone would go to Six Flags (I did) or a Cardinals game (he did) when it's so hot, things like that. I heard a beeping sound while we were talking, but I thought it was
just his cell phone and he was ignoring it.When I went back inside I realized it was the smoke alarm and the house was filled with smoke and there was a fire in the reflector pan under the burner. I didn't know sugar water would burn, but when it boils over it does. I think everything still works; I just wanted you to know what the smell is if you cook anything.
The air conditioner in the kitchen started leaking inside the house. Mike said the drain was probably plugged. That sounded easy enough, but apparently not for me. I couldn't figure it out, so that's why there's a bucket on the floor in the kitchen. The water was hitting the window ledge and running down the wall, so I taped wax paper under the a/c so the water would run down the paper and into the
bucket.We have no hot water. It was working fine Saturday, but not Sunday.
The outdoor faucet beside the back porch leaks. Or it doesn't turn off completely.My hairdryer quit so I bought another one. When I plugged it in and turned it on, the electricity went out in half the house. I managed to get it turned back on. I tried every switch in the box, it was the one on the far right side--the last one.
Jay said you could call a guy named Nick about a team for Taylor to play on this fall, but I can't find the paper I wrote Nick's phone number on.
I left Monday morning, hope everything is the same as I left it. I'll try to get home tonight.
Did I say we've missed you?
Love,Donna



No comments:
Post a Comment