Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday

The boys finally got home from their visit with friends last night. I really missed them a lot. Their being gone made me miss Lee more also--or maybe it's the fact that she hasn't called all week . . .

I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I planned a trip to Bigtown to get some school-type errands and grocery shopping done today. Why didn't I do that while everyone was gone so I could be home with them today??

The day was a great success. I needed to go to Kinkos downtown and hoped for a good parking space. Ahhhh....there was one right across the street, and I didn't even have to parallel park! Kinko's does a great job of cutting the spine off paperback books. The local printer in Smalltown butchered the books I took there!!

No trip to Bigtown is complete without a stop at the teacher's store. I noticed today that we're beginning to outgrow it, though.

Thanks, Susan, for the info on the public library. I didn't realize that a person can get a card without being a resident of that county. Oh my!! Just today I brought home a book on cd for Taylor, two math dvds for Luke, a science dvd, and The History of Ancient Rome tapes for me! So many resources available here!

The highlight of the day was stopping by and visiting Tara and her new baby, Brock. What a precious little guy. I'll have to see if she can get me a picture to post here.

Three strong and handsome men unloaded the car when I got home. It was a great day . . .

No comments: