Friday, August 24, 2007

Our First Week Back in School



This week I played the If You're Not Going to Put Your Things Away, I'm Just Going to Leave The Mess game. Not sure what I was trying to accomplish with that; I was just tired of cleaning. I got very tired of the piles. I have pictures, but they're on my camera which is not home right now.

Our My plans were to start school Monday. Taylor went to a concert Sunday night, didn't get back until after midnight, and stayed at a friend's house. Mark picked him up Monday and they didn't get home until afternoon. So we changed plans and started Tuesday. *One thing I like about homeschooling.


School went very smoothly, for a "first week." In the mornings Taylor is doing math, language, literature and science on his own while I do the same subjects with Luke. Then, as always, we do history together. We'll be adding the other subjectssoon.

This morning I took the boys to spend a few days with their friends, Jonathon and Isaiah. I caught a smile on Tay's face as we drove by the crowded parking lot at the local school.

Tay & Luke both took their guitars and amps. Ike plays the drums and Jonnie the bass. Someone's house will be very quiet this weekend, and someone's will be very noisy . . .

I cleaned up the week's mess in the living room. Mark and I worked in the yard a little and we cleaned the back porch. Another trunk load to take to the thrift store.

I put together my co-op order tonight. One week early. On purpose. The first time in history--I've been in the co-op for 13 years. I'm usually a day or two (or three) late. If anyone wants me to order anything this time, let me know. I have until next Friday to add items.

No comments: