Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Famous People I Know

Leeland and his family used to sing at our church once a year or so. I loved his parents--they had such a heart for worship. Leeland, when he was about 10 or 11, would be playing in the back with the other rowdies most of the night, then they'd call him up on stage to sing and he'd just belt it out. Even then it was easy to see God's gift in his life. I have a cd that has him singing "Amazing Love" when he was just a little guy with a little kid's voice.

The Becoming is a new Christian group. Their first album was released today with Tooth and Nail Records. I went to church with the lead singer (the tall young man in the center), when he was a sweet little blonde kid. His mom and dad are friends of mine.

But here's the BIG SURPRISE!!

My friend Susan was a child star back in the 1940's!! I know it's hard to believe, and I'm a little upset that she never mentioned it to me.

I was watching Three Daring Daughters the other night, and there she was. See her? The middle sister? Why didn't you tell me, Susan? You've aged remarkably well. I actually thought you were younger than me!!

Here's Susan playing the piano and singing back in 1948 in Three Daring Daughters.



Here's Susan today--she looks pretty good for 77 years young!

1 comment:

lazy susie said...

About my video: Haven't seen it yet. I need to send the link to the dreamy husband so that he can download it or whatever magical thing he does.

About those boy singers: OK. I've got it figured out. After seeing these boys/men and seeing photos of your boys, I've determined that you belong to some kind of crazy no-haircuts-allowed cult. If you ever want to break free, just give me a call.