Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finishing Freezer Cooking

Friday--The boys and I took the afternoon off to have some fun. On our way home Mark called to say our huge, stuffed freezer had died. There's a small freezer in the basement, so he moved the few things down that looked like they were beginning to defrost. As soon as I got home he headed out, deciding to buy two smaller freezers so they'd squeeze down the stairs to the basement.

Saturday--I froze hamburger patties and meatloaf, then cooked the rest of the ground beef and made 4 pans of lasagna, burritos, homade (lol - I love that word!) hamburger helper, ...gosh, this is bad but I can't even remember what all I made with it, but it's all in the freezer except for what we've already eaten.

I was amazed at how easy it was to get 25+ meals in the freezer. What made it so easy--Because I cooked and cut up all the chicken and chopped and measured all the vegetables the night before, it was simple to put together 4-5 meals in just a short time the next day. :)

What would've made it even easier--Doubling or tripling recipes! That's what I usually do, but all of the chicken and most of the beef recipes were new to us this time, so I just made a single of nearly everything.

Since we eat lots of meals that are vegetables or fish or crock-pot, these ought to last for quite awhile. And it was really really fun! :)

No comments: