After school I spent a few more hours and got the following recipes done and in the freezer:
Chicken, 1 meal each--
Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken Tortellini Soup
Chicken Tacos
Chicken Chili Mac
Creamy Italian Chicken
I separated a small amount of a few of these to send back to school with Lee.
Ground Turkey, 1 meal each--
Turkey Loaf
Turkey Burgers
Sloppy Joes
Lasagna Roll-Ups
My opinion so far is that this is much more doable than a larger cooking day. The Creamy Italian Chicken is a family favorite, but all the other recipes are new to us, so I only made one meal of each. lol. I learned that the hard way.
Next time I can choose what the family likes and double or triple the recipe. If you've done that before, you know it usually doesn't take much more time than just making one. :) All of these recipes would be simple to increase except the lasagna roll-ups. I think they'll be really good, but were too time-consuming.
The day was not without mishaps. I opened up the refrigerator door and knocked out the chicken, spilling some on the floor--twice. The five-second rule does NOT apply to chicken. :) Also the chicken tortellini soup is just chicken soup. The tortellini was already mixed in with the second batch of chicken that hit the floor. I'll be at the store tomorrow and pick up another bag.
Oh, and Sanji, I'm loving the new knives! Thanks so much. I realize now my old ones were in really bad shape.
Off to chop a few more veggies before bed!



2 comments:
can i come over when you have the creamy italian chicken??
You betcha! I'll make snickerdoodles too. :)
We took this to Jamie & Rachel's for lunch Sunday. Tom and Mary were there too. Wish you coulda been...
Post a Comment