Thursday, April 10, 2008

I love school ...

Some pathetic whining was heard around here early this morning: "Awwww, do we have to have school? I'm so tired. Can't we have a little fun once in awhile?"

Then I woke up the boys and they weren't too excited to hit the books either. So we sort of revamped our schedule to include the following:

History - 5 episodes of The Rifleman
PE - play with puppies and run around outside acting weird
Science - Walt Disney's True Life Adventures
For homework I assigned 2 episodes of Christy and 4 chocolate chip cookies.

Happy students gathered around the table and repeated "I love school" during lunchtime. I closed my eyes and commited those beautiful words to memory.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

my boys would have rather done 10 lessons in math than watch two episodes of christy. :)

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL day!!! :)

Donna said...

It was fun. We seem to need a tv or game day every so often...

Marcy, it surprised me, but both the boys liked it fine. They ARE going to do extra classes next week though--they want to have free time when Jon & Ike are here!!

lazy susie said...

Only 4 cookies? I just knew that you were one of those really mean homeschooling moms.

Donna said...

I needed to put some of the dough away in the freeze so I could sneak it out later....

Kristine said...

YES! I was sick the other day, and I asked Trevor, "What did you do that counted for school?" He found a lizard, poked it with a stick, touched it, etc. BINGO!! Science!!!!