We had breakfast burritos this morning, like at Aunt Sanji's. Our breakfast wasn't as pretty as the one in the picture.I didn't tell the boys there was anything different about the sausage and they didn't mention it. It was different. Not bad, just different. A little too salty. I just used ground pork, but it didn't break up easily into small pieces like like regular sausage or hamburger.
Mark thought it was ground turkey. Hmmm...now I'm wondering if I accidentally picked up the wrong thing. Maybe I was in the turkey department instead of the pig department. It was late and I was in a hurry...
I think next time I'll experiment with blending pork and hamburger. We don't have sausage very often, and my only reason for trying this is to avoid the nitrates in processed sausage.
1 lb. ground pork
¼ to 1 tsp. sage
¼ to ½ tsp. marjoram (optional)
¼ to ½ tsp. thyme (optional)
¼ to ½ tsp. coriander (optional)
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 to 3 Tbsp. water
Sprinkle seasonings over the ground meat. Knead until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate for 2 or 3 days to allow flavors to blend. If you plan to use the sausage immediately, the spices will not be as strong. I used the larger amount of all spices, but will cut salt back next time.



No comments:
Post a Comment