Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've been tagged.

Laura tagged me.

Here are the rules: Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. Open the book to page 123 and find sentence number 5. Post the next 3 sentences. Tag 5 people.

From the book The Sword and the Circle by Rosemary Sutcliff:

Then with great jest and merriment, their arms across each other's shoulders, they went back in to the Great Hall where supper was made ready, and feasted on the boar which the knight of the castle had brought home from his hunting the day before.

But Gawain spoke no word of the green ribbons lying round his neck under his shirt and his borrowed robe.

On New Year's Morning, Sir Gawain arose early, having slept but little, and called for the squires to arm him--keeping the green ribbons well hidden beneath the neck-band of his shirt the while.


I tag--

Renita, Contina, Gilda, Susan S., Marcy

3 comments:

Laura said...

That sounds like a good book - we will have to check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

From the book: The Sugar Creek Gang~ The Secret Hideout

That rock moved! Moved! And there as plain as the candlelight could make it, was a hole leading back into the hill somewhere. The old man turned around to us and said, "There used to be an underground stream coming through here and flowing out into Sugar Creek."

I tag Lori K., Michele U., Alex M., Kim W., Kathy H.

guess I need to post this on my blog too :)

Kristine said...

Pathetically, the book that I posted with had three paragraphs that were one sentence each.

I really was wanting SOMETHING that made me look like an intellectual homeschool mom!

Actually, I was just looking for this book at my library, but they don't have this one. Probably a good thing, it sounds like I'd enjoy reading it, but my 9yods's eyes would glaze over quickly and he'd head for the Lego box. We are reading Trumpeter of Krakow instead (and enjoying it very much!).