We spent time lounging on the loveseat - Luke watching a coyote hunting dvd, me reading an organization book . . . quality time together.
After a few hours, Luke starting asking every 15 minutes when they'd be home. Funny how **quiet** it was in the house without everyone here.
While I was fixing supper I decided to clean out the fridge. Luke pulled up a chair as close as he could and entertained me on his guitar. I asked how he learned what he was playing. "I just know where stuff is and what would sound good." hmmmm.... Is this my child? Then he played a tune on the guitar and figured out how to repeat it on the harmonica. He's really good. This is not something I would do for fun.
Luke mentioned a tv show we watched a few nights ago--
Luke: Remember when the Monk guy said "maybe he was the bodyguard who knew too much."? Well, I think he was talking
about that movie The Man Who Knew Too Much. You know, it had Doris Day in it and that one guy Dad was talking about the other day. The guy that was in lots of movies.Me: Jimmy Stewart?
Luke: Yeah. Jimmy Stewart. Did you see that movie?
Me: uhh...no.
This 11yo can't tell you even the name of a single current tv show. But he knows many of the old movies and actors. He's really funny.
Finally he brought out his cd player and suggested we listen to "my" classical music. Did I mention I love this kid?
I have pictures to post, but can't find the cord to attach camera to the computer. Oh brother. Not again.



2 comments:
I love him too, just from reading your post! He sounds like a super kid, Donna!
What a wonderful day with your sweet boy! I LOVE that he knows the "old" actors. He sounds wonderful. :)
Post a Comment