Sunday, October 28, 2007

Why was this in my pantry?

My three men went to the woods this afternoon to shoot things. I wanted to go too, but Luke thought it should be a man thing only. So I stayed home and cleaned out the pantry.

I was amazed at the things I found that I have no idea why I kept in there!



Instant Mashed Potatoes?? I don't remember ever making instant mashed potatoes!! Where did this come from? A bunch of it had been used, too.

Organic Lemonade. Mark bought two of these on sale. In Colorado. In 2006. We didn't like it.


Butter Flavor Crisco. I never use Crisco!! My only guess is that I got this to use when I made a humongous batch of cookies for someone who didn't care whether they had butter or Crisco in them. This was so gross--it was hard and cracked in the bottom. Sort of a translucent pale green. I got some out and it was sticky/stringy and stinky. EEWWW!! And I like to never got it washed off my fingers!!

Agar Agar. ummmm . . .

A big jug of soy sauce. The little bottle is plenty for me. And I noticed it says on the back refrigerate after opening. Oops!


Flavored coffees?? I hate coffee! Unless it's with lots of chocolate. In which case I'll just take this . . .


which is still in my pantry and will always be in my pantry!

I also got rid of a few cake mixes and canned goods I knew we wouldn't use. Like the chili w/ beans that I got to make a chili dip that we didn't like.

I straighten this pantry often. Nothing was outdated, I guess I just haven't paid attention to whether I would actually use the stuff.

After dark the guys set off a few fireworks. I'll not put you through the play-by-play action of my refrigerator/freezer cleanout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you weren't considering putting together one (or ten) of "my" super-duper Suzy Q cakes with that can of Crisco? I think you want to make one.

Donna said...

Oh yeah, I wish!! But remember I told you never to give me the recipe--I could eat the whole cake!

I keep waiting for you to make one though . . we could split it.