Friday, October 19, 2007

Lori's Kitchen


She asked me to come to her house today. Said she wanted to try "a few new recipes" and I believed her.

Eight hours and 5 sinkfuls of dishes later we ended up with:
Pesto Dip
Caramel Apple Salad
Festive Cranberry Salad
Pumpkin Soup w/ Cran-Apple Relish
Pepper-Corn Chowder
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Native American Succotash
Butterscotch Dips
Apple-Cherry Crumble Bars

Lori's Mom showed us how to make pies. We watched her make coconut cream and apple. Now I know the 'secrets' to tender, flaky pie crusts. But I can't tell. Not ever. It's a family secret.



Can you tell from these pictures how huge Lori's kitchen is? It's a long ways back to that back counter. And you're looking at only half of the "food prep" area, there's also the giant "eating area!" It's wonderful!! I'm considering doing all my baking there.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow - you all sure got a lot done. The Carmel Apple Salad sounds so good. Can you share the recipe?