Friday, July 25, 2008

Sorry Marcy--

If you're still counting on this blog for reading material, I'm sure you've noticed there's not been much here. I'll try to come up with a few recent happenings, but you might want to head over to my friend Lazy Susie's blog. Her life is much more ..uhh.. interesting.

It's the end of July and the grass is still green--when was the last time that happened?? It rained all day again yesterday and it's still going this morning . The creek flooded and the yard is soppy.

It took three entire days to clean the basement this week. I spent all day both Monday and Tuesday dreading the job, then I worked down there two hours on Wednesday.

Luke was very impressed with the newly-organized laundry area: "I might start changing my clothes more often now." I realized the little guy thinks that if something goes into the laundry it never comes back out again. How could he think that!?!

Oh, you'll like this one. Mark drove 3 1/2 hours (one way) yesterday to pick up a piece to fix Lee's car. I never told you she did this--

Like the new hide-away headlight?
She hit a parking garage. After what we did to your van, that shouldn't be too surprising. (Yes, this is the car I asked you not to wreck.)

Taylor has been puny but he didn't puke.

The boys are feeling their freedom slipping away as I've spent the last few days planning school. Piles of books, notebooks, the computer and printer cover the kitchen table... MUAH HAHAHA

4 comments:

Marcy said...

ha!! sorry leann's care was damaged ... but ... she hit a parking garage?? what's up with that?? i know there's a funny story in THAT one. i'm sure it can't beat the cow. but, at least the cow was moving. parking garages don't move.

Donna said...

lol. As I heard it, she was parked at one of the first spaces in the the front of the garage and didn't want to drive "all the way through" to get out, so she backed up the wrong way.

A concrete planter was in the way. You could see it when driving forward into the garage, but it was in the blind spot if you're backing out the wrong way.

That's all I know. And what could I say about it? I've merged into a semi- and Mark hit a cow.

lazy susie said...

If one of your sons gets a crazy idea about dating a girl, we'll just have to educate the girl first with your blog. Esp the post with Luke's sock and undie pile.

Oh...I'll pay you $100 to clean out my basement. Deal?

Donna said...

A friend that shall remain anonymous, the one that you e-mailed recently, gave my blog address to a girl and one of my boys, the tall curly-headed one, was not happy.

(I'm ignoring the basement comment.)