I decluttered, cleaned, and reorganized all the cabinets and drawers.I also got rid of quite a lot of Fiesta. By "got rid of" I mean moved to the basement. There were so many pieces stacked on the shelf that it was difficult to move things to get to the one I wanted. I think this looks so much better and I'm actually using the dishes now instead of just dusting them.
All the library books and cds live on this shelf. A basket used to hold check-outs, but it's much easier to see what we have now.
I'd hoped to clean the carpet and organize recipes and menus also, but ran out of energy before I ran out of list. They'll still be there...






7 comments:
Oh, my! I didn't know you had all that FiestaWare!!! And some of it is justing sitting in the basement and sad and forlorn? Shame on you!
By the way, I have birthdays in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. If you wanted to give me a present or something.
Oh Susan, it's bad. It's really bad.
There were already two or three big boxes in the basement and another cabinet in the kitchen.
They keep adding and retiring colors, and Lee thinks she wants to take my "old" colors some day.
I'll keep your birthdays in mind though. What, I give you Fiesta and you give me a toilet seat??
Donna, I love all your Fiesta Ware. I always look at it, but never buy! It looks so colorful.
I love the idea of keeping your library books on one shelf. I might have to try and find a small bookself and try this. We have a lot of library books and the baskets just don't keep them very tidy.
Great job on your kitchen.
Thanks, Debbie. My family really likes it--even the guys like using it.
I've always used a couple of big baskets in the kitchen to corral the library books, but I LOVE the shelf! It's so easy to see what's there and it's a lot neater. I only wish it was a bit taller.... ;)
Very pretty fiesta things, Donna!
Speaking of Fiesta Ware and toilet seats...I am pretty sure that I have (thanks to Frugal-Man-Who-Won't-Throw-Garbage-Away-But-Will-Buy-A-New-Radio-When-His-Goes-Missing-For-A-Day) two old toilet seats in my basement just waiting for you. What luck!
lol. Taylor brought home a toilet seat when we were helping my mom move. It was new--I guess Mom needed a spare. So I'm pretty stocked up now, but thanks for thinking of me, Susan. You're a pal.
Post a Comment