Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happenings of the Past Week --or-- Tales of a Tired Woman

Mark and I stayed out all night Tuesday night. It wasn't quite a romantic get-away though--Mark was driving the tractor, Luke was sprawled out on the truck seat beside me, and Taylor was crashed in the back of the truck on bags of seed. He barely woke up enough every half hour or so to help Mark refill the planter. I was nauseous and had a fever, so it wasn't a problem for me to stay awake all night.

How Mark drove 22 hours straight I don't understand. He came home and slept an hour then headed back out. I went out a little later, but wimp that I am, I spent most of the day napping.

Taylor turned 14 this week and celebrated by drinking a 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

We celebrated the 4th with friends, ending with a bunch of guys (age 10-50) shooting off fireworks in our driveway at midnight. Mark and both boys had friends stay over.

While the boys swam, ate, rode bikes and listened to music w/ friends this afternoon, I decided it would be great fun to start cleaning kitchen cabinets.

Blogger doesn't like any of my pictures except the tractor one above, so I'll call it a night.

1 comment:

Romany said...

A busy time of year for your family, from the sounds of it!