Saturday, February 14, 2009

Two More of the Many Reasons I Love My Sister

She lets me take funny pictures of her. Like this one. This is what she looks like when she's rearing to go. I think she was rearing to go do the laundry.


But there's a serious side to Sanji also. She asks life's tough questions. Like -- "Why would they call this place Clearwater Beach if you can't drink the water?"


6 comments:

Laura said...

Wow - you truly can't drink the water there?

Okay.... I am thinking that I am just sounding WAY too much like a hick in my last few comments. But it is true... I don't get out much. :)

Donna said...

Rusty assures us that it's only the outdoor faucets you can't drink from, and that they use the reclaimed water for watering lawns, etc.

From Wikipedia--Reclaimed water, sometimes called recycled water, is former wastewater (sewage) that has been treated to remove solids and certain impurities, and then allowed to recharge the aquifer rather than being discharged to surface water. This recharging is often done by using the treated wastewater for irrigation. In most locations, it is only intended to be used for nonpotable uses, such as irrigation, dust control, and fire suppression, and there is controversy about possible health and environmental effects for those uses.

I never drink tapwater anyway. But this kinda grossed me out. Blech..

Lisa in Jax said...

Only from the sprinkler systems...you can drink anywhere else.lol

We don't use "good water" for watering the lawns since we've been in a drought for quite a few years now.

Laura said...

Ah! See, this makes such good sense now! I think all the cold has gone to my brain. It is actually a wonderful conservation effort. Very impressive! I guess I was just immediately thinking like "Egpyt water". :) Duh.

Donna said...

Thanks, Lisa. That does make sense. I think they could be a bit more specific for us tourists, though. :^)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Fun photos!