Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Florida -- The House

Nearly my entire family - 18 of us - are spending a week in Clearwater Beach, Florida.

This is the front view of the mansion we're staying in. We know it's a mansion because that's what the rental folks call it.



Here's the view from the pool, where I lounge and drink icy drinks with umbrellas in them.


A few pictures of the house I pulled from the internet--




Maybe later I'll post a picture of what this bedroom looks like now. It started out like this . . .

8 comments:

4stemmes said...

Ahem. I have yet to see you sip a drink with an umbrella. Maybe because you would feel bad for me.

Donna said...

Ok, maybe I made that part up. But I did have a Mountain Dew. :^)

Lisa in Jax said...

Very cool!!! I'm glad that you are having some wonderful weather. That's some house.lol

Laura said...

Holy Cow! Is that truly the house you stayed in or are you pulling my leg? I can't always tell..... :)

Donna said...

I know, Laura. I think I need to type in a different color font when I might be teasing. Think that'd help?

Actually, Yes. This IS the house we stayed in and it was beautiful!! And that really was our bedroom--the four of us piled in it, so it wasn't quite so lovely. lol.

And the strongest thing I drink is Mountain Dew. :^)

Laura said...

What an amazing house! (side note... yes, different color font would be great, thank you....) :) :) :)

And you know, the original Mountain Dew came out of the hills of TN.... and helped Nascar be born.... But there certainly were never any little umbrellas in it. :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Donna - what a fantastic mansion, family trip, experience. I've enjoyed following along with you via your blog.

Cynthia said...

OH MY! That is some kind of vacation house! We've never been to that side of FL.. maybe next time.