Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sanji sent this great picture of her kids.


I’m glad she also included this photo
to show that mine are not the only weird children in the family.

I like the way I worded that. “Mine are not the only . . .”

Normally I would say something like this instead: “My kids are not the only weird ones in the family.”

But I try to curtail my use of the word ‘ones’ so that I don’t inadvertently misuse it.

Someone used to correct me when I would say the phrase ‘these ones.’ As in “Those plums are juicier than these ones.”

She was concerned about my ability to homeschool her gran my children because of my incorrect grammar.

But ah don’t see whut th' big deal is realy. It’s not like I’ve raised mah kids t'be a bunch of dummies jest on account o' ah don’t use one li'l wo'd right.

ah mean look at Lee. She went t'public high skool an' gradjuated at th' top of her class. An' she got a pow'ful fine grade on thet ACT test.

She'd haf gotten some colledge money fo' bein' smart eff'n she wasn’t sech a fine baxetball player an' got thet athletic scholership. They'dn’t let her haf enny mo' money.

An' thar’s Taylo'. He’s not no dummah at all. He kin talk an' read real fine.

ah doesn't knows fo' sho' about luke. he's kind of yo'ng t'see whether he’s smart o' not. But he’s a pow'ful fine kid an' he don’t even say “these 'uns” ah don’t reckon.

But I digress.

Thank you for sending the charming pictures, Sanji.

Fondly,
Your loving and devoted sister




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yoU ARe CraZY!!