Thursday, July 5, 2007

From My Kitchen

I've been debating about whether to start another blog for posts from my kitchen--baking, recipes, freezer cooking, and of course my fascination with dishes.

Since I'm barely keeping up with this blog, I decided it may be wisest just to throw it all in here.

So, as with all my posts, feel free to skip the ones that don't interest you.

And just think, Scott, when I post about making snickerdoodles for the freezer, you'll know it's time to bring the family for a visit!

To get started, here are pictures from my last freezer day. Seven dozen chocolate chip cookies and 20 pounds of ground chuck. One handsome assistant. (Check out the retro stove!) The cookies are only a memory now . . .

These are two of my biggest timesavers in the kitchen. I make cookie dough and freeze--just pull out a dozen or two and have warm cookies in ten minutes. That is, if the kids haven't eaten all the dough out of the freezer!

I also like to cook ground chuck and freeze in recipe sizes, usually about 3 cups. When it's time to make lasagne, spaghetti, etc., I just pull out a bag and thaw. Quick and no mess!!

No comments: