Sunday, July 22, 2007

Haven't posted in awhile. Catching up here . . .

Thursday the boys and I helped Grandma clean out her attic. That was fun and relatively painless. We went up when it was cool so we didn't melt.

The boys had taken off 6 weeks of guitar lessons, and started again today. Dave showed them all sorts of fun things to do on the new guitars. They so enjoy their lessons, and I love the way he teaches them to play by ear as well as notes, tabs, whatever.

Friday I ran errands. Got my couch cushion repaired (ask Luke), returned some things, picked up element for oven, went by the bank, took another load by the thrift store, etc. etc.

At the bank I glanced over and saw a car with maybe a dozen or so assorted lanyards and necklaces hanging from the rear-view mirror and about that many beanie babies on the front dash. Hmmm. Then as she pulled up, I saw the typical Support Our Troop ribbons and three photocopied newspaper articles scotch taped to the glass, covering the entire rear passenger window. Oh wow. Finally, there were LOTS of small stuffed animals piled up in the rear window. BUNCHES of them.


This was a lot of stuff in one vehicle!! It sort of made me think of a toy box that needs purged. Maybe I've been decluttering too much lately! I know I've been on too many blogs. My first thought was ...Wish I had my camera. I'd follow her until she parks and get a picture...

I was relieved that my oven could be fixed. They still carry parts for old appliances. Mark had it going again in no time.

I also began working on the dungeon basement. I truly thought I needed more bookcases, but I finally had to admit I was in denial. Many, many books will have to leave.

Saturday my mom and I went to a baby shower for my niece, the one who will make me great. A great aunt, at least. All of the estimation I've been doing in elementary math for the past several years has paid off for me. I was able to correctly guess how many squares of toilet paper it would take to go around Tara's belly. Twelve.

Taylor and I played a game Sat. night and realized we had forgotten how much fun it was. Bazaar, by Discovery Toys.

Finally, made it to Sunday. Church was great--the youth pastor preached; I see why Taylor likes him so much. He did a super job.

This afternoon we went to Mike and Rhonda's for lunch. Mike bbq's a mean pork steak, and Rhonda's pasta salad is the best. We visited all afternoon, didn't leave until 9pm.

We used to get together once a week for Bible study, but rarely see them any more. I've missed them so much! Rhonda and I made a few plans to be getting together more often. Yay!

No comments: