Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mark, the Mole-inator

We have been plagued recently with a mole. I was just joking in a recent post, but he has been tunneling in and out around the bushes, completely around our house.

This morning I was watching the birds outside the living room window. I saw the new tunnel curving from the boxwood toward the hosta bed under the maple tree. It wasn’t there yesterday. Looking at the freshly-dug dirt, I saw a slight movement at the end of the tunnel. Calling the kids over, we saw there was indeed the heaving of dirt where this varmint was digging!

I called “Mark I need you up here quick!!”

Anyone reading my previous post on the flood probably figured out that Mark’s idea of moving quickly is much different than mine. However, this time he rushed to my aid.

When I showed him where the mole was, he went into action: grabbed a shovel from the barn and unearthed that little critter!! We watched him try to burrow back into the ground for a bit, then Mark tossed him over onto the driveway. While the little guy was stunned, the five of us got a good close-up view of claws, teeth and pointy little nose. Lee grabbed the camera and she and Luke got a few good pics.
Losing interest, the kids and I went back indoors while the mole went bye-bye.

No comments: