Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This Happened

A few random pictures taken during my recent vacation from blogging. In no particular order--

Lee was home for spring break. The guys were gone much of that time to Taylor's basketball tournament, but Lee and Mark had some great father/daughter time.




Chemistry happened in the kitchen.


Farming has begun. Mark took a few loads of soybeans to get them cleaned and bagged to use for seed. When the person loaded all the bags on the pallets he stacked them wrong--they would topple over easily. So Mark and Taylor had to restack all these.


Thought I'd take a picture of the shed that didn't get torn down.


I cleaned, repainted, and reorganized my tiny, tiny sewing room. This is one entire wall and part of another. lol. It is a tiny, tiny room. The triangle in the top right corner is part of the slanted ceiling. This is a very, very tiny room.


Here's my guy at his basketball tournament.


The kids love to take these goofy pictures. I think there were a few nice ones in the bunch, but they're all on Lee's camera.


Check out this humongous egg! Size super extra jumbo. The one on the left in the back is just your normal large size. Mark's dad must give his chickens megavitamins.


I guess I don't know for certain, but I think this would be a bit uncomfortable for a hen to lay.


We enjoyed just lounging around when everyone was home together.


Mark had a pallet of old soybeans that he isn't going to plant.


So he and Taylor dumped them all back out.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Love the shed that didn't get torn down! :) And what chemistry are you using? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Donna said...

We're using up the leftovers in Taylor's old "Crash and Burn" from Wild Goose Science. I don't think they make it anymore.

4stemmes said...

Glad that your back in blog-land! Where did you go? Did you give us up as part of your Lenten promise?

Donna said...

Thanks, nowhere, and no. I just wasn't feeling very internetish for awhile, but I'm starting to feel kinda blabby again. :oD

lazy susie said...

We don't have father/daughter activities like THAT at my house!!! How scary! Guns and hormonal, sassy, young teens DO NOT mix well.

My mom's sewing room was just like yours, a tiny room with a slanted ceiling at the top of the stairs. My dad put a window in it for her.

She managed to keep us all (6 younguns) in bellbottoms for everyday and garish, matching t-shirst for family trips. And my sis made her prom dresses in there.

I noticed that the Jonas Bro is gone. On to fame and fortune, I guess.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I love all the photos, Donna. YOu've been busy.

Cynthia said...

Love the glimpse into your life. I love seeing the various bloggers' occupations and such. Nice shed. we're in the process of building a shop.