Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bedtime Stories

I loved this movie. I noticed I was laughing out loud much more than anyone else in my family. Yeah, it was unrealistic and childish. Is that a bad thing?

From the critics:

--Bedtime Stories is not my cup of tea. Even the saucer. (Roger Ebert)

--Here he [Adam Sandler] fights a giant "booger monster." He says "wedgie" and "manure." He talks with his mouth full of food, and after a bee stings his tongue, he babbles. And he appears to mean every minute of it. If small children respond to him at all, it's because for 95 minutes he's speaking their language. (Boston Globe)

--For prepubescent kids, Bedtime Stories will be a perfectly enjoyable work. (San Francisco Chronicle)

Don't care. Call me a child. I still thought it was a hoot.
~~~

We also enjoyed Bolt, the story of a German Shepherd who believes he is has superhero powers. But in our opinion Rhino the hamster stole the show. All the guys kept replaying his antics and snorting. lol.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Donna, we also loved Bedtime Stories and Bolt. :) One thing about being sick for the last couple weeks is that we have been watching a lot of movies. We also liked Mamma Mia (although that is probably one of those movies I wasn't supposed to let my boys watch!) Oh well...... We loved it anyway! :)

Lisa in Jax said...

We loved the manager who kept saying that he would "Put a pin in it."LOLOL We say that allll the time now. Oh, wait. Let me put a pin in it and we'll revisit it later...lolol