Monday, April 6, 2009

Remember my great old barn?

I've posted pictures of it before.













Well it's gone now.


It was in bad shape. Really, really bad shape. It was held up by a cable, I think. So Mark had it torn down.

Marcy, I'm gonna miss watching our boys hanging out the door of the loft and dropping to the ground. Oh, did I ever tell you they did that??

6 comments:

chillywilly said...

Great barn. Glad to see it go. Barns are evil.

Cynthia said...

Ah.... everything must go sometime, I suppose. We have some really interesting looking old barns around our area that I keep thinking I should photograph sometime.

Laura said...

Oh no! I am sorry about this. I was hoping to see it!! It truly WAS a cool old barn - and I am quite partial to cool old barns. :) Your photos of it were always magnificent. I especially love that you got shots of the boys in the barn before it got torn down. Great memories.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I've always loved your barn photos.....are you going to put a new one up?

Donna said...

We put up a huge machine shed a few years ago, so we didn't really use the little barn and it just collected junk. It was right at the edge of the yard, so it looks kind of bare there now, but we don't plan to replace it.

Chris May said...

I will always remember that barn as the place that provided the feast for the coyotes..I mean large dog....LOL He was so miserable after eating almost an entire deer and all the lunchmeat out of the cooler.

Chris May