
I've been getting questions and comments about Fiesta since I posted the pictures of my new chocolate. I'm surprised at all the folks I know that I didn't know were Fiesta fans.
Almost all of my dishes are 5-15 years old, and yes, they still have that "new plate shine". I never paid much attention to that--I just thought Fiesta stayed looking new forever. Apparently not. I've been hearing scary stories of Fiesta that's been used a few years and is scratched and beat up.
Then a few days ago a friend hinted that possibly I'm a bit obsessive in my dinnerware care. Me!?! Obsessive!?!
Doesn't everyone follow the Fiesta Code???
~~When you're cutting meat and get to the plate, stop cutting.
~~Don't bang your spoon on it.
~~Don't throw utensils or other dishes on top of it in the sink. Do not pile!
~~No children washing Fiesta - Adults Only!!
~~Treat them like the fine china they aren't.
The requirement that liners be placed between each plate when stacked on a shelf has been relaxed. Now they're only used on a few of the dark colors, which would show scratches more easily.
But this is not obsessive, is it? It's not like I tell the children not to use utensils or make them put a layer of wax paper between the food and plate. Hmmm . . . now there's an idea. (Just joking, guys.)



10 comments:
Your Fiesta Ware IS beautiful! And I think you are truly on to something with your Fiesta Code. :) My Mom's Fiesta doesn't look anywhere NEAR as nice as yours. I am afraid her family never learned the code!
I wouldn't call it obsessive.... I would call it impressive that you have managed to care for it so well!
Thanks for enabling me, Laura. ::grin::
Anytime! :)
Oh, they are sooooooooooo lovely! And you couldn't possibly be obsessive if you lend them out to folks like me.
I love all your colors! I'm hoping that I'll someday have all the colors. I love those containers! I wish they came in 5 gallon bucket sizes.LOL
Do you use these plate everyday? WE don't use our good plates everyday and when we do I always want to give people cutting instructions, but how do you do that with company??? (LOL).
my fave of yours is that top photo of the open shelves with all of that fiesta ware. i just love it. it would be a dusting nightmare for me, but i love how you have it displayed. love the new chocolate color too. but, i could sure use some of that grey and that sort of red color for over here ... well, and black too. i'm using black and red in my kitchen. rooster dishes here help that out a lot. and i've managed to find some "fake" stuff over here that is close enough for fiesta to me. i'm anxious to start getting the black plates. :)
Susan--Yeah, well, I hesitated until I saw that picture of your hubby in his Jedi robe. I knew then that if you know of the Jedi Code, which is patterned after the Fiesta Code, you are to be trusted.
Cynthia--No, we don't use them every day, but we do use them a lot. And I know what you mean about wanting to give instructions. lol.
Marcy--I'm missing you! We need to talk sometime. :) I've always wished I had glass doors on the big shelf (top pic). I try to keep them dusted, but it's not a fun job. Do you see the ornament you gave me? It's on the black shelves-bottom shelf on the left in the white bowl. I still love it and have never seen another like it. :) I really like the red but only have just a little of it. And only 1 tiny little black plate. lol. But lots of grey.
Lisa--Just start buying a little at a time and this will happen. lol.
I am guessing after my post on our household losing plastic bowls, that you won't be lending me anytime soon! ;0
Seriously though, I was drooling looking at your pictures! I so LOVE dishes. :)
LOL. I have to admit, Renita, that when I read your post my first thought was NOT that I should send you dishes. :^D
Post a Comment