Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in Review: First Sentence

I saw this on Debbie's blog and thought it looked like something I could handle this morning. These are the first sentences from the first post of each month in 2008. I'd like to think that these weren't the most important, encouraging, informative, thought-provoking posts on the blog this year, but they probably were.

How to Play
1) Look back to your archives for 2008.
2) Collect the first sentence you wrote every month for the whole year. (This doesn't have to be the literal first day of the month--just the first post.)
3) Entertain us on your blog, link back here, and post a comment with the link to your blog. (And if you're blogless, just remember the first sentence you spoke every month for the whole year and post it here. LOL)
***********

January -
My brother Kenny can ride across, over, through or up just about anything.

February -
We were only without internet about 24 hours. Some things you just can't do without.

March -
Luke spotted a robin today. Could spring be near?

April -
I've been ordering food in bulk from my local grocery store since we got a new Super Wal-Mart about 20 miles away and they were such a pain about sale price matching.

May -
He brought home 15 ticks and a bouquet of wildflowers for his momma. Ah-choo.

June -
Next spring do not hang the wren house right outside the bedroom window.

July -
Mark and I stayed out all night Tuesday night.

August -
You know you live in the middle of nowhere when the area's biggest attraction is the dam.

September -
There's only one veteran in Missouri and he lives over thataway.

October -
The Adorables and their parents stopped to visit Lee at school on their way home from vacation awhile back.

November -
This weekend was youth deer hunt so my youth went deer hunting.

December -
To prove they weren't chicken.

6 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Those are great!! It may not seem like much to you, but from a new reader's view, these all tell very interesting details about your life! Thanks for playing!

lazy susie said...

This activity is way too much work for me. Happy New Year! I am looking forward to seeing you evolve this year.

Donna said...

I headed over to your blog and was gonna do it for you, Susan. It sounded like way too much fun not to. But your archives are different than mine and I'd have to wait for too many posts to load. Too much work for me too. :^(

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

These are fun to read. I KNEW there must be a quick way to do this - but I didn't find it. ::snort:: My archives took FOREVER so I went to the edit post page and scrolled for dates...and that took a significant amount of time. I think I'll start a post like this for next year in DRAFT....and add links to the posts too....nah - then I'd be too aware of what the first sentence was. ::snort:: It is fun to see the snapshots of the year.

Cynthia said...

Fun review!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

That's so fun!
Jodi