We drove to the nearby Christmas tree farm and picked out this beauty. Mr. Tree Farmer cut it down and trimmed it for us.

It's too bad nobody thought to snap a picture of me when I fell down in the snow. lol. I got plenty of pictures of goofy boys.


See the muddy lane behind the truck?

See Mr. Tree Farmer pull our truck out of the mud?


On the way home we saw a few Ghosts of Christmas Past.

Mark always strings the lights. It's tradition.

Every year the kids get two new ornaments--one from Grandma and one from Mom and Dad. They still like to hang all their own on the tree. We saved all of Lee's ornaments for her to hang when she comes home on the 21st.
Another tradition is for the boys to argue over the Scooby-Doo ornaments. They both think the one with Scooby and Shaggy is theirs.

While decorating the tree we always listen to the same Christmas cd. Of course the kids would never choose something really great like Bing Crosby or Kenny G. This one has little kids singing carols and we've listened to it over and over for years and years. But I was looking forward to it this time. They seem to be growing up so fast...
We were going to end up the night with hot chocolate and a Christmas movie, but decided on a few episodes of Monk instead.



10 comments:
This makes me sooo homesick, lol.
Kenny G? KENNY G????!!!!
lol, Susan.
Jon, I'm sure you guys are missing the snow and cold. :( I remember your mom saying you wanted to come back in the winter instead of summer. We miss you all too.
Great, great, great! Love it. Yes, I would like to see more pictures of you...you don't have to be falling in the snow.
Tree looks lovely.
Your Christmas tree farm pics look like the perfect Christmas tree cutting day!
Yes, it's too bad no one got a picture of you falling in the snow! (I'm not laughing. Really.)
Yes, I am.
Robert and I knew we were a perfect match way back when, when I found out that he liked Bing Crosby's Christmas CD. It was the same one I'd grown up listening to, and it's still a favorite of ours today! (Even though I grew up in California, we enjoyed the thought of a Mele-kil-e-ki Maka, or however it's spelled.)
Yes, but Bing Crosby is OK. Kenny G is Kenny G.
Donna, what kind of tree is it? I need to find one that I'm not allergic to.
I'm not sure, Susan. You can call Mr. Tree Farmer who lives north of town and ask him. His phone no. is 8150. Or I can bring you a branch off of mine and see if it makes you itch.
He sells them at the grocery store in town, but it's so much more fun to go out to the farm and pick out your own and have him cut it and shake all the dead needles off and drag you out of the mud.
Donna, I knew that you fell, but I figured that you got up on your own...I didn't know that Mr TF had to drag you out of the mud! You pour thing!
I'm not sure how I've missed happening onto your blog in the ring before, but I'm sure glad I found it. I LOVE IT! I was just recently introduced to MONK and we are almost finished watching the first DVD from netflix.
I LOVE Kenny G.
This post makes me miss the days when "setting up the tree" meant a hike in the woods or a trip to the tree farm....instead of sliding a box out of the attic.....Every year I suggest we get a real tree but we are still holding out for living where we can go get a real one that is full - cut it ourselves....and that doesn't really happen in the spots we've been assigned to - yet. LOL
Post a Comment