Thursday, March 6, 2008

I finally succumbed to cabin fever today.

Our little house just couldn't hold the four of us anymore, so the boys got booted out. I called off school early and sent them outside. It wasn't too warm, but Luke was thrilled. Taylor was less-than-enthusiastic. Mark stayed inside only because I couldn't tell him what to do. ")

The boys raked up sticks to make a fire, tried to track down a pesky groundhog in the shed, traipsed about the field, and played with the puppies. Oh did I mention we have puppies? Labs. Seven. Or nine. Would you like one? Nine??

The boys stayed out until about dark, then came in with frozen faces and fingers. Now I'm hearing shrieks of laughter upstairs while I'm in this freezing basement on the computer.

Alone at last, I baked bread this afternoon. Three loaves made it to the freezer--we ate or gave away the rest. I also froze three pans of cinnamon rolls and put one in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow. Lee may get to come home for spring break and my sis and her family will be here part of the time, so I'll be trying to get some things made ahead and put in the freezer.

I know I haven't been posting much, but you haven't missed anything. This is about as exciting as it gets.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I agree with the spring fever/cabin fever.... whatever it is. We just never did get around to school today. Tax appointment in the morning, computer appointment mid-day, bread baking (to make up for not getting it done yesterday), TKD and various other errands and issues. I realized tonight that I am quite cranky and even teary. I think I need sunshine, WARM temps and everyone out of the house. :) Or, at the very least, a Mom's Field Trip.... ;)

Marcy said...

scott asked for brownies today. i told him NO WAY!!! i think it's too hot to bake right now unless i'd have fans blowing on me. almost 90 degrees here. sorry!!! just had to rub that in. but, there is no sun!! just smog. nasty hazy, black smog. i'm thinking about locking the doors, putting on a sweatshirt and cranking the a.c. as high as low as it will go and pretend it's winter in the midwest usa.

Marcy said...

oops - that was supposed to say "as low as it will go" not as high and as low. oops!

lazy susie said...

What are you talking about, Donna? Cinnamon rolls ARE exciting. At least in my book.

Donna said...

Laura--Our field trip is on my calendar! In ink. I can't wait to get out. lol.

Marcy, I don't think I'm ready for temps in the 90's! I forgot you're already that warm in Thailand. Give me 60's or 70's . . . please.

Mark and I never agree how to say you want it colder in the room or car--I think you turn the a/c up, he thinks you turn it down. :)

Susan, I have to admit the cinnamon rolls were really good! Let me guess, you'd like one of the pans from my freezer when I bring your hot chocolate??