Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've decided we won't be getting out our Nativity set for Christmas this year.


Before you decide I'm a heathen, just look at the picture.


Last year I tried to pass off the guy with the sheep as Joseph. But now more pieces are broken and there's only one shepherd, one wise man, and Mary

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

LOL and I thought I was the only one with creative nativities....ours are missing body parts.....

De'Etta (SHS)

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard i cried! I have a nativity that has baby Jesus missing, I put it out anyway, no one has noticed. I thought i was the only one!
Contina

Donna said...

Gosh, Contina--that's really leaving Christ out of Christmas!!

Unknown said...

That reminds me of an oft-told tale of our Family Lore. When my nephew Zac (now almost 17) was about 2 or 3, he was looking at his grandma's nativity that had seen MANY years of use. Poor baby Jesus' arms had been broken off in some horrible accident, so to disguise the double amputation, my MIL wrapped the Baby in a Kleenex, of all strange things. Wrapped in Kleenex and lying in a manger.

My SIL was telling Zac the story of Baby Jesus' birth. When she got to the part about the Wise Men, she told him that they were bringing gifts to Baby Jesus. Zac looked at her with his enormous green eyes and asked, "Are they gonna bring Him some arms?"