Monday, September 10, 2007

Luke's New Hobby

I knew he would do it! Both of the others loved reading by age 9. Luke was holding out, but it was bound to happen!!

I enlisted Taylor's help. He's "storing" a box of books for his friends Jonnie and Ike while they are in Thailand. Taylor read all of them this past week, and kept telling Luke how exciting they were.

Luke picked up one of the books today and read for a few minutes. Tay told him, "You're going to have to read for longer than that to really get into it." Gee, why didn't I think to say that??

This evening Luke told me, "I love to read. It's my new hobby." Here he is reading just for fun.


Later, after supper, he asked if he could go read some more. Ok, maybe that time he was just trying to get out of drying dishes . . .

No comments: